Saturday 1 November 2014

NYX Butter glosses

Bonjour!

What better way is there to start off my blog, than to review a lip product?

NYX have been a favourite brand of mine for some time now, and over the past few months one product in particular has caught my eye....their butter glosses.


I've watched so many US beauty girls talk about these glosses on youtube, and read beauty blogs that as soon as I spotted them in Next I couldn't resist buying a few.

I picked up the shades Creme brulee, Angel food cake and cherry pie. Creme brulee is the perfect pale nude shade which looks great on top of a similar shade or darker lipstick. Angel food cake is more of a brown/mauve nude shade. And lastly Cherry pie is a cherry red shade as the name suggests.



I would say that the pigmentation of these glosses is somewhere in between a sheer and highly pigmented. They're pigmented enough so that they can be worn alone and look great, but sheer enough so that they can be worn on top of another lip product.

I'd say the top selling point for me is the consistency and glossiness. They're a little sticky which I don't mind as I find this helps them last longer, and they give that 'wet look' look - that's what I like to call it and I'm sticking to it ;) These lasted on me for around an hour to an hour and a half before they lost their glossiness, but my lips were left feeling moisturised.

If you're on the hunt for a new gloss, definitely check these out!

Additional info:

Price: £5.00
Shades: 12
Product: 8ml 
Sweet vanilla scent

'Always believe that something amazing is about to happen'

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment