Saturday 22 November 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte shade 1 - Nude Beige

Bonjour!

I think I can speak for a few girls when I say this, we're a sucker for pretty packaging. Am I right girls?

One particular lipstick that caught my eye because of it's pretty packaging was the YSL Rouge Volupte in shade 1 'Nude beige'.



I was like a magpie when I spotted the gold from across the other side of the YSL counter and literally stood for a good 20 minutes swatching each shade. I decided on Nude beige as opposed to a brighter/darker shade as I knew it would be something I could wear pretty much every day, and I'd get a lot more use out of it.

Contrary to the name, I think this is more of a pinky nude than a beige nude, although I don't think pinky nude is such a great name.....



You can tell which shade you've picked up straight away because the colour underneath the YSL emblem matches the colour in the bullet exactly.



This has to be the most luxurious lipstick I own. It looks and feels amazing. I hate to say it, but it glides on like butter, the pigmentation is great and it leaves my lips feeling moisturised. I've heard a few people say that they didn't find the Rouge Volupte to be very long lasting, but I found this lasted around 4 - 5 hours without drying out my lips or needing touch ups.

If you're into high end lipsticks or just want to treat yourself, I'd highly recommend trying these. I now have my eye on shade 19!!

Additional info:

Price: £25.00
Shades: 17
SPF 15
Moisturising
Lasted 4 - 5 hours

'Don't give up. Normally it is the last key on the ring that opens the door'

Lots of Love
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. And the lipstick colour matches the packaging too, it looks so absolutely pretty! Looking forward to more posts of yours, followed you on google friends and bloglovin ♥ - The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete